Thursday 15 November 2007

Understanding disagreements

I believe that all of us see the life thro' our past experience. One same episode in life will be perceived by different people in many different ways. That is why there is no absolute right or wrong about anything in life. One country's terrorist is another country's martyr. It is as simple as that.

But most of the conflicts stem from not understanding this simple fact of life. Whenever I get caught in such a storm, I float my colour theory. My colour theory goes like this: For me blue is the best colour in the world. For you green is the best colour in the world. Which is the best colour in absolute truth?

Colour is a perception and so is our life. Let blue be the best colour in the world for me and you can have green as the best colour in the world. So what?

Why should you spend all your energy in convincing me that green is the best colour in the world? Why can't you simply allow me to have my own opinions - rather, why can't you simply not meddle with my freedom to have my own opinions.

Why can't we agree to disagree... Why can't we simply acknowledge that every one is unique?
There are instances when decisions need to be made on colours. But when people are open to see others' standpoint, compromise comes easily. It would be easier to agree to go with green this time and perhaps there will be a time for blue in the future...

Fine, now if you do not agree with my colour theory, Let us agree to disagree :-))

1 comment:

Sadashivam said...

Hi

I like you article on understanding disagreements. I agree with you.

Regards
Sharmila