Sunday 25 November 2007

Negative emotions

There has been a lot of emphasis on clearing negative emotions. While I completely understand the detrimental effects of these kind of emotions, I could not discount a concept I heard in a workshop.

This is what Nigel, an experienced medium said in the workshop:
We come to this world to experience emotions. In the spirit world there is no emotion - it is full of love and just love. We take this physical form to learn our life's lessons thro' emotions. So, there is no point in beating yourself for feeling negative emotions. Experience it with whole heart and send your love to it because emotions are your teachers.

It kind of made sense to me. I used to feel very ashamed and embarassed for my negative feelings and obviously that increases the intensity of such emotions. Now I tell myself, "Nimi it is ok to be angry, it is ok to be sad. That's why you are here" - and you know what, like a magic, the negative emotions dissolve.

I think the following 3 steps are happening here:
1) Awareness of the emotion
2) Acknowledging the emotion
3) Accepting the emotion as it is

All the feas stem from resistance to what is. When you accept what is, you just go with the flow and find peace.

Peace

No comments: